Winter Activities in the Dunany Area (2021-22)
Despite COVID many activities can be done safely.
- ARTISTS: The artists continue with their virtual and real painting session and workshops.
- CURLING: The Lachute curling club is open. There are lots of opportunities to curl mornings to evenings. A ladies’ league plays Tuesday nights and Thursday mornings. The bar is also open in the evening. Contact: The Lachute Curling club at 450-562-5811. The Brownsburg-Chatham curling club is open with competitive and non-competitive curling. Contact them through their website.
- EXERCISES Vie Active exercise classes continue on Zoom Mondays and Thursdays at 11:00 am. Contact Mary Chuprun email@example.com (450-562-9297) to get the link.
- ESSENTRICS exercise and stretching class are accessible via Zoom. Contact Rebekah Reid-Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- KNITTERS: Knitters group is still active. Contact Diane Glionna for information email@example.com
- READING: There are 3 boxes for book exchange at Boyd, Neill Road and Wentworth’s old Townhall.
- SNOWSHOEING/CROSSCOUNTRY SKIING over the golf course, the Dunany trail and at Morin Heights.
- SKIING at Morin Heights, St-Sauveur and other ski centres close by. Go to Les Sommets website for ski passes. Hurry most passes are sold out, a few perfect passes remain.
- WALKING: Walking the trails and roads of Dunany is a safe way to stay fit and healthy during these times.
- YOGA at Wentworth community centre. Consult Wentworth’s website.
You might also want to check with the following municipality’s websites for more activities, both virtual and live: Gore, Lachute, Wentworth, Brownsburg-Chatham as well as 4Korners.
Lois Finch firstname.lastname@example.org is the person to contact if you have further questions.