Summer Activities in the Dunany Area 2023
Another great summer in Dunany.
As mentioned earlier, there are plenty of other activities for you this summer.
Here is a quick run down.
- The Walking club: Walking on Thursdays at 9:00 from the Dunany Country Club, down MacDougall road. Also available is the Dunany Trail as is the lake Beattie trail in Gore.
- Knitters group are still knitting lots of good things: contact Diane Glionna for information.
- Biking club: the Chippers have started their off road rides and lunches. For information contact Lois Finch.
- Vie Active, these exercise classes continue two days a week (Monday, Thursday 11-12:00) via Zoom. Contact Mary Chuprun for information 450-562-9297 .
- Glee: if you love to sing, join the Glee Club Mondays throughout the year. Contact Cathy Leslie for information.
- Artists are at work painting. For information contact Revilla Sauvé; or Maureen Cameron; they are exhibiting numerous times this season. Do not miss their fabulous paintings!
- Book worms: there are three book boxes available in the area: one on the corner of Boyd and Dunany, one at the corner of Neil and Dunany and one at the Wentworth Community Centre.
- Spank is BACK: Chris Jackson and Julie Huguet have taken on the task of this great event with the help of SPANK transport that will be up and running as well.
- DESCI: the equipment sharing group of Dunany lends out equipment free of charge including knee and shoulder supports, walkers, wheelchairs, bath seats, grab bars and much more. Contacts: June Parker, Lois Finch or Revilla Sauvé.
- The Dunany Country Club is very active again this summer; don’t miss the events if you are not a golfer, there is lots to do. See their website.
- Wentworth website.The Recreation group offers a Playground with a ship and castle. Many activities have resumed in person. For Yoga check the website. Subscribe to the Wentworth bulletin.
- Grace Park in Wentworth has a lovely playground, dog park, a beach by the lake, picnic tables and more.
There are many activities on the Lake Louisa Social Club website as the Lake Louise Social Club celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. The tennis/pickleball courts are open.
This community is amazing and so are the wonderful people who make it so. Thanks for all of this and all your creative ideas.
Thank you Jacques and Lois for keeping us up to date on community activities..very much appreciated!!
I have recently moved to a cottage on Lake Barron and am interested in contacting the SPANK (kayak) group to get some information about kayaking the local lakes and possible kayaks for sale.
Thank you for a great update jacques and Lois for all the planning and great information! What a community!!!!
Thanks Jacques!! Looking forward to getting back to Dunany for the holidays. Taking off soon.
BTW, Tom, we have a 14’ fiberglass kayak for sale. Great Lake boat. Rudder, cockpit cover. You can text me at +13038824260. I’m on Curran.
Thanks for the reminder what a pleasure it is to live here in this so, so vibrant, physically active community.
Well done. Jacques I would add that VIE Active is also LIVE at the Wentworth community center starting Monday October 25
Carpet bowling takes place Tuesday Afternoons at the Wentworth Community Center
A late entry sorry