Welcome back to SPANK! The Dunany paddling tradition rides again in 2023, with a back-to-basics four-event schedule, one on each of our lakes: Black, Boyd, Clear, Curran.
This picture was taken at the first ever SPANK on July 10, 2010. The place: 1126 Dunany Road , then Dr Louis Lapierre’s home. The organizer Revilla Sauvé. Thanks Revilla.
For those new to the neighbourhood, the Superior Paddlers and Notorious Kayakers (SPANK) is a group of local residents who’ve plied the waters of Argenteuil for years now, gathering together to enjoy the best of our natural surroundings and each other, and to raise a little money along the way.
Our 2023 events now have confirmed dates!
- Friday, July 14
- Friday, July 28
- Monday, August 7
- Monday, August 28
This year, Black Lake residents Chris Jackson and Julie Huguet are your SPANK coordinators, with huge assists from several volunteers and our four lake hosts. E-mail them now to sign up for the year!
Fees for SPANK remain unchanged; perhaps the best value in nautical adventuring!
$5: Your SPANK Annual Membership,
plus $2: Payable at each event.
As in past years, help is available to those who require canoes or kayaks be moved to SPANK events. (Details to follow)
Can’t wait to see you in your boats this summer!
Finally, kudos to Robert Percy who, with the help of Ev Wood, was the heart and soul of SPANK for so many years!
DID YOU KNOW? Funds from our past events have been donated to the Dunany Community Association and directed towards the maintenance of the Dunany Trail. SPANK funds have also been donated to the Centre d’Entraide d’Argenteuil in Lachute.
As mentioned earlier, there are plenty of other activities for you this summer.
Here is a quick run down.
- The Walking club: Walking on Thursdays at 9:00 from the Dunany Country Club, down MacDougall road. Also available is the Dunany Trail as is the lake Beattie trail in Gore.
- Knitters group are still knitting lots of good things: contact Diane Glionna for information.
- Biking club: the Chippers have started their off road rides and lunches. For information contact Lois Finch.
- Vie Active, these exercise classes continue two days a week (Monday, Thursday 11-12:00) via Zoom. Contact Mary Chuprun for information 450-562-9297 .
- Glee: if you love to sing, join the Glee Club Mondays throughout the year. Contact Cathy Leslie for information.
- Artists are at work painting. For information contact Revilla Sauvé; or Maureen Cameron; they are exhibiting numerous times this season. Do not miss their fabulous paintings!
- Book worms: there are three book boxes available in the area: one on the corner of Boyd and Dunany, one at the corner of Neil and Dunany and one at the Wentworth Community Centre.
- DESCI: the equipment sharing group of Dunany lends out equipment free of charge including knee and shoulder supports, walkers, wheelchairs, bath seats, grab bars and much more. Contacts: June Parker, Lois Finch or Revilla Sauvé.
- The Dunany Country Club is very active again this summer; don’t miss the events if you are not a golfer, there is lots to do. See their website.
- Wentworth website.The Recreation group offers a Playground with a ship and castle. Many activities have resumed in person. For Yoga check the website. Subscribe to the Wentworth bulletin.
- Grace Park in Wentworth has a lovely playground, dog park, a beach by the lake, picnic tables and more.
There are many activities on the Lake Louisa Social Club website as the Lake Louise Social Club celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. The tennis/pickleball courts are open.
The Township of Gore has tennis, pickle ball, outdoor gym, Jam sessions Dog Park, and walking trails.
see their website for information.